Howto’s and Tips
Hints and Tips
What do the buttons do?
- Power (Left)
Will shutdown your RetroPie box
- Reset (Right)
Use to power up your RetroPie after a shutdown
Can also be used if a Bad ROM freezes the Pie
Automatically add ROM’s from USB
- (ensure that your USB is formatted to FAT32)
- first create a folder called
retropieon your USB stick
- plug it into the pi and wait for it to finish blinking(or if no LED give it a minute)
- pull the USB out and plug it into a computer
- add the roms to their respective folders (in the
- plug it back into the raspberry pi
- wait for it to finish blinking
- refresh emulationstation by pressing F4, or choosing quit from the start menu
Where to grab the latest software update
- Update RetroPie as per here:
- Original Source for the image is here:
- you can also run any Supported distro for the orangePi Lite from here:
- and install RetroPie as per the guide here:
No Boot after changing settings
When you have the sdcard in your PC you should see a drive with the files:
- and so on…
On the readable drive (Partition).
Rename script.bin to script.bad
Rename script.bin.bak to script.bin
Unit should now boot with previous configuration.
Other Issues or questions
If you require any further support or have any other questions please post in our Forums, one of our staff or a knowledgeable forum member will be able to help you out.